John T. Vucurevich Foundation Announces Grant Awards
– By #JTVFRapid City, SD – The Board of Directors for the John T. Vucurevich Foundation recently awarded the following grants.
Historic Homestake Opera House, Lead, received $350,000 in honor of Alex Vucurevich for operating support and continued operations.
- USD School of Nursing, Rapid City, received $50,000 for scholarships for the 07-08 school year.
- Rapid City Library Foundation received $25,000 for matching funds to upgrade the first floor of the Rapid City Library.
- Children's Care Hospital & School, Rapid City, received $15,828 for the purchase of hearing screening and testing equipment for outpatient & outreach clients.
- Northern Hills CASA, Spearfish, received $30,000 for operating support to expand their network of volunteer advocates.
- Front Porch Coalition, Rapid City, received $12,480 for the Local Outreach to Suicide Survivors (LOSS) Team and implementation of the Gatekeeper Training & Suicide Prevention Program.
- Easter Seals of South Dakota, received $15,000 for operating support for Daisy House, an adult respite center in Rapid City.
- Custer Senior Center, received $15,000 for operating support of their Community Center.
- South Dakota Parent Coalition, Western South Dakota, received $16,000 for transportation assistance.
The John T. Vucurevich Foundation was established in 1989, and fully funded by its founder, John T. Vucurevich. Since the Foundation bears his name, its ideals and objectives are those most deeply held by Mr. Vucurevich. Funding priorities will be in the areas of the arts, education, health and human services, housing and transportation. The Foundation will accept unsolicited proposals in these funding areas. Collaborative proposals related to comprehensive solutions to area problems will be encouraged. Grant application deadlines are March 1st, June 1st, September 1st and December 1st of each year. For further information on grant application procedures, you can call the John T. Vucurevich Foundation office at 605-343-3141.