- Note our geographical focus is Western South Dakota, in particular, the Black Hills region
- Public charities that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and "not a private foundation" under Section 509(a) of the Code, US governmental agencies or schools
- Organizations are limited to 1 unsolicited grant request per 12 months period
- For current grantees - after required reports have been submitted and approved on current grant, the Foundation may consider future requests
- We do NOT fund individuals, school affiliated trips, museums, animal-related projects, international requests and requests from form letters
- We do NOT normally fund endowments, benefit events, event sponsorship, sports activities, publications, video, and film production, direct religious activities, political campaign activities, camp development and infrastructure, lead gift for Capital Campaign, organizations that have been in existence for less than five years
If you wish to apply for a grant and your request falls into a program area we fund, and you meet our grant eligibility requirements, please call 605-343-3141 or email email@example.com to request instructions for submitting in our online grants management system. We are no longer accepting letters of inquiry through the mail.