The John T. Vucurevich Foundation is a private independent foundation in the State of South Dakota. The Foundation generally awards grants to organizations within South Dakota, with preference given to western South Dakota and in particular to the Black Hills region. Most grants are awarded for a one-year period, however, the Foundation may consider multi-year funding.
The Foundation has identified the following program areas as funding priorities for unsolicited or collaborative proposals:
Funding Priority Program Areas
- Health and Human Services
The Foundation encourages collaborative proposals related to comprehensive solutions to identified area problems.
- Improve school readiness and attendance.
- Align out of school time programs to student’s individualized scholastic goals.
- Improve grade level achievement in reading and math.
- Enhance on-time high school graduation rates.
- Advance work and life skills.
- Provide access to higher education.
- Provide arts education for the underserved.
- Increase access to affordable healthcare, including physical, dental and behavioral.
- Reduce domestic violence, substance abuse, child abuse and neglect.
- Improve access to basic human needs including affordable housing and food.
- Advance the safety and well being of children.
If you meet our grant eligibility guidelines, your request falls into a program area that we fund and you wish to apply for a grant, please send a Letter of Inquiry following the steps in How To Apply for a grant. After we review your Letter of Inquiry, we will contact you as to the next step in the application process. For further information please contact us by e-mail or call our office at 605-343-3141.