John T. Vucurevich Foundation Employment Opportunity
The John T. Vucurevich Foundation is adding a Communication Specialist to their staff. Duties include creating a sustained communications process to our grantees, non-profit organizations, and the broader community of Western South Dakota; developing our annual report and managing the JTVF website and social media platforms. Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years progressive experience in communications/marketing campaigns within the health or human services field with the non-profit or philanthropic sector preferred. Duties will require superior organizational, written and oral communications skills with the ability connect with a variety of audiences and platforms. Complete job description below.
The John T. Vucurevich Foundation is a private foundation that honors and builds on the personal legacy of giving of John T. Vucurevich, awarding grants to organizations assisting individuals and families moving out of poverty into prosperity. JTVF establishes partnerships with local, regional and national foundations, organizations, philanthropists, community leaders, governments and schools. We work to understand issues and collaborate with others to solve specific problem areas, creating a sense of shared responsibility among partners to promote long-term sustainable change.
The Communications Specialist will create a sustained communications process to our grantees, non-profit organizations, and the broader community of Western South Dakota. The Communications Specialist reports to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with JTVF staff and board to develop an annual communications plan.
- Develop materials and provide capacity for communicating collective impact and initiative work being done in Western SD communities through partnership with grantees and JTVF.
- Organize, facilitate, and present at grantee and community convenings delivered remotely and in-person.
- Develop and distribute the Annual Report.
- Manage JTVF website and any social media presence.
- Work closely with JTVF staff to support grant making process, grant reporting and initiative evaluation efforts.
- Prioritize work to insure timely completion of most important tasks.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, dependability, enthusiasm and confidentiality.
- Contribute to staff teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of operations, practices and procedures, information management and other office standard software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; 4+ years progressive experience in communications/marketing campaigns within the health or human services field, non-profit or philanthropic sector preferred.
- Demonstrated superior organizational, written and oral communications skills with the ability to write and present for a variety of audiences and platforms.
- Self-directed combined with flexibility and a capacity to give and receive feedback graciously with respectful but analytical approach to the work of grantees.
- Strong content writing and review skills with necessary computer software experience to support communication efforts. Must be able to become proficient in the grants management program.
- Must be comfortable working in a small office environment.
- Must be available for occasional travel in the Foundation’s funding area and to educational conferences.