Cameron charms Rapid City audience
– By October 10, 2017 #Rapid City Journal (Mark Anderson), October 10,2017 David Cameron charmed a sellout crowd at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center as he closed his 51st birthday celebration Monday.
Last Modified: 10/11/2017 1:47:17 pm MDT
Former UK leader Cameron to speak in October
David Cameron, the former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom who resigned from his position following the Brexit vote last July, will visit Rapid City on Oct. 9 as part of the John T. Vucurevich Foundation’s annual speaker series.
– By August 29, 2017 #Rapid City Journal (Samuel Blackstone) August 23, 2017
Last Modified: 08/29/2017 2:29:44 pm MDT
Local charity gets $1M grant toward new Native American Head Start facility
– By March 31, 2017 #Rapid City Journal (Seth Tupper) March 31, 2017 A Rapid City nonprofit will receive a $1 million grant toward the construction of a new Head Start facility for Native American children.
Last Modified: 03/31/2017 3:16:06 pm MDT
Termes teaches art instruction on SDPB video series
Art Basics with Dick Termes, a new video art instruction series, is now available on
– By March 15, 2017 #Butte County Post - SDPB (January 31, 2017) . SDPB.org
Last Modified: 03/15/2017 11:22:08 am MDT
GPA ANNOUNCES RECEPIENT OF 2016 PIONEER AWARD
– By December 28, 2016 #Grant Professionals Association Press Release (December 1, 2016)
The Grant Professionals Association (GPA) presented its international Pioneer Award to the John T. Vucurevich Foundation on Nov. 11 at the annual GPA conference in Atlanta, Ga.
Last Modified: 12/28/2016 11:24:12 am MST
United Way: Grade Level Reading aims to boost literacy
– By December 23, 2016 #Rapid City Journal (Mike Anderson), December 20, 2016 Grade Level Reading by the numbers
12,000 Rapid City youths and families served, either directly or indirectly.
Over 50 local partner organizations.
Over 175 active committee members.
Funded by a three-year $375,870 grant from the John T. Vucurevich Foundation.
Entering its third year.
Last Modified: 12/23/2016 9:00:46 am MST
Late banking magnate Vucurevich recalled as a humble, giving man
Dale Clement laughs while talking about the late Rapid City philanthropist John T. Vucurevich on Thursday morning during the Morning Fill Up series at The Garage meeting space.
– By December 9, 2016 #Rapid City Journal
Last Modified: 12/09/2016 9:39:51 am MST
The Mniluzahan Okolakiciyapi Ambassadors (Rapid City Circle of Friends)
– By December 6, 2016 #JTVF
RAPID CITY, S.D. (KOTA-TV) - Marnie Herrmann and Bruce Long Fox are Mniluzahan Okolakiciyapi Ambassadors. They report progress on the policing efforts regarding Native American concerns.
The Mniluzahan Okolakiciyapi Ambassadors (Rapid City Circle of Friends) is celebrating the completion of our Bush Foundation Community Innovation Grant. Their journey has allowed them to "BEAM" - bridging, educating, modeling and advocating.
Last Modified: 12/06/2016 2:14:57 pm MST
John T. Vucurevich Foundation Receives International Award
October 19, 2016
– By November 30, 2016 #JTVF The John T. Vucurevich Foundation has been awarded the 2016 International Pioneer Award by the Grant Professionals Association.
Last Modified: 11/30/2016 9:23:40 am MST
School of Mines lands $1.1M in grants to aid women engineers
– By November 28, 2016 #JTVF Rapid City Journal, Sept. 27, 2016 Two grants totaling $1.1 million have been awarded to the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology to help attract, retain and graduate more female engineering students.
Last Modified: 11/28/2016 1:58:43 pm MST