Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The John T. Vucurevich Foundation honors and builds on the personal legacy of giving of John T. Vucurevich by facilitating solutions to key challenges facing South Dakota and the Black Hills Region in the areas of health and human services, education and the arts. JTVF provides funding and human resources to make a greater impact on the community through a collaborative approach that creates a sense of shared responsibility among partners and promotes long-term sustainable change.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for directing the staff, program and administrative operations of the Foundation. The CEO provides leadership and direction with human resource, fiscal, grant-making and organizational policies/procedures. S/he is accountable to the Board of Directors and works closely with them to develop and implement the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- Provide leadership in working with the Board of Directors and staff to develop and implement goals, policies and grant making priorities consistent with the overall vision of the John T. Vucurevich Foundation.
- Manage staff, maintaining high morale, teamwork, good communications, and delegating or re-organizing responsibilities when needed.
- Represent the John T. Vucurevich Foundation to the community with the ability to be diplomatic and develop professional and effective working relationships.
- Be aware of community needs within the areas served by the Foundation and develop strategic partnerships where needed to meet those needs.
- Maintain overall legal and ethical compliance with Federal, State and local laws to uphold public trust in the Foundation.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, dependability, enthusiasm and confidentiality.
Experience and Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required with progressive experience in a corporate form of governance, strategic planning, financial and human resource policy and implementation.
- Knowledge of legal and governance aspects of a private foundation a plus.
- Deep knowledge of nonprofit, charitable institutions in the area served by the Foundation.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and bringing a group with diverse opinions to a consensus.
- A commitment to the Foundations vision.
- A successful record of managing people.
- Demonstrated superior organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to convert ideas into working programs and outcomes.
- Be comfortable working in a small office environment.